Re: [Gems-users] "DYNAMIC_AF" or "STATIC_AF", question about opal power

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:12:08 -0500
From: "Serkan Ozdemir" <s-ozdemir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] "DYNAMIC_AF" or "STATIC_AF", question about opal power
Hi Guoqiang Yang,

I'm not sure if its relevant to your problem but do you still keep the
m_seq[j]->clearAccessStats();
line in system.C? It might be flushing the power stats gathered every cycle.

Also, how did you manage to use the updatePowerStats function? I have been trying to do something similar to what you are doing and if I set WATTCH_POWER to 1 in /opal/config/config.defaults; recompile opal and ruby and try to load/initialize those modules in simics I get a segfault error. If i set WATTCH_POWER to 0 without making any other changes everything seems to be working fine. Did you make any other changes in the setup?
Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

_Serkan Ozdemir_

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guoqiang Yang" <nkyangguoqiang@xxxxxxxxx>