Re: [Gems-users] "DYNAMIC_AF" or "STATIC_AF", question about, opal power

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:58:50 -0500 (CDT)
From: Luke Yen <lyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] "DYNAMIC_AF" or "STATIC_AF", question about, opal power
Guoqiang,

STATIF_AF and DYNAMIC_AF are directly from Wattch, and I did not do anything special with these when I integrated it with Opal. I vaguely remember the distinction being static vs. dynamic power. I haven't looked/used the power code in a long time, but I believe I always ran with DYNAMIC_AF.

The best way to debug segfaults is to hook up gdb to the running process, or run with gdb from the beginning of the simulation, after calling opal0.init() and ruby0.init() (e.g. after symbols are loaded).

  Luke