[Gems-users] Value from areNSlotsAvailable ...

Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 21:22:53 +0200
From: Stamatis Kavadias <kavadias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Value from areNSlotsAvailable ...
Hello all,

I have the following problem:

How can I call areNSlotsAvailable (of one of my output channels) from
the cache controller code (an in_port declaration) ?? I want to call it
in order to decide which event to trigger. check_allocate, even if it
can be called from inside an in_port declaration (which I doubt), does
not return true/false.

Is there a way (or a hack) to do this? Even if I have to do it from an
action, I need the value returned from areNSlotsAvailable and not a
check that may generate a protocol stall....

Thanks in advance,

Stamatis