Re: [Gems-users] Fwd: ruby/opal "version 'GCC_4.2.0' not found" error

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 01:42:17 +0530
From: "Basavaraj Talwar" <bt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Fwd: ruby/opal "version 'GCC_4.2.0' not found" error
Sir,

I got past the previous error.
I used binaries (g++) and libraries (libstdc++.so.6, libgcc_s.so etc)
from the newly installed gcc.3.4.6 directory to compile ruby and opal.
Thank you very much.

BT.

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It might be enough to point to the libraries that are
> associated with your Simics installation.  Look in
> x86-linux/sys/lib.
>
> ...gb
>

> Basavaraj Talwar wrote:
>> I have only one gcc (v4.3.0) on my machine. the outputs are shown here.
>>
>> $ strings /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 | grep GCC
>> GCC_3.0
>> GCC_3.3
>> GCC_3.3.1
>> GCC_3.4
>> GCC_3.4.2
>> GCC_4.0.0
>> GCC_4.2.0
>> GCC_4.3.0
>>
>> $ strings /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GCC
>> GCC_4.2.0
>> GCC_3.3
>> GCC_3.0
>>
>> I will use an older gcc (i'll try 3.4.6 as in your example) and try
>> compiling again.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> BT.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 4:45 AM, Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Since you compiled correctly, I suspect this has to do with
>>> dynamic libraries.  Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>> environment variable to point to the same libraries you used
>>> during the compilation step.
>>>
>>> You need to look for stdc++ and gcc_s libraries that do not
>>> include the "4.2.0" symbol.  Use the "strings" command to
>>> check.  For example, this is the library that's built with
>>> the 3.4.6 release of gcc:
>>>
>>> % strings libgcc_s.so.1 | grep GCC
>>> GCC_3.0
>>> GCC_3.3
>>> GCC_3.3.1
>>> GCC_3.4

--
सर्वेषां स्वस्तिर्भवतु । सर्वेषां शांतिर्भवतु ॥ सर्वेशां पूर्णं भवतु ।
सर्वेषां मंगलं भवतु ॥

May Auspiciousness, Peace, Contentment, Prosperity be unto all.
May all be happy; May all be free from afflictions; May all behold
what is good; May none suffer from sorrow.