[Gems-users] configuring latencies in MOESI_CMP_directory_m protocol

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:46:11 -0600
From: Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] configuring latencies in MOESI_CMP_directory_m protocol
I want to double check on some of the latency settings made in GEMs before I run some tests. I am trying to determine how the latencies are calculated.

The L1 cache access latency should just be SEQUENCER_TO_CONTROLLER_LATENCY. If the data misses in the L1, but is in the local L2, the latency should also add in L1_REQUEST_LATENCY if the data misses in the L2, but is found in another chips L2 (or L1's) caches, what is the latency added, I think this is L2_REQUEST_LATENCY, but I could be wrong here. The latency for an L2 cache responding with data to another L2 cache is ? And I think the response the latency for the local chip's L2 to send data to the L1 cache is just L2_RESPONSE_LATENCY

and the DIRECTORY latency is just DIRECTORY_LATENCY, however I'm not too concerned with this latency when compared to the other ones.

If anyone can clarify what the above latencies are, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm currently playing with them to try and figure out exactly which latencies are which, however I'd rather know for sure what each of these corresponds to.

thanks,
Phil