Re: [Gems-users] Cache configuration in Simics and Ruby

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:21:40 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Cache configuration in Simics and Ruby
The Simics g-cache configuration is completely divorced from GEMS. Hence, Ruby and g-cache don't work nicely together at all. I would strongly recommend against using g-cache if you're also using Ruby. I suggest you try to get Ruby to model the cache you want.

Regards,
Dan

divya ramakrishnan wrote:
Hi,

How is the cache configuration in Simics related to that in Ruby or does Ruby override the configuration in Simics. I have a specific configuration of cache system I require and I can configure them using the g-cache module in Simics. What does this mean to Ruby? Does it recognize these caches? If not where can I begin to make modifications.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Divya