[Gems-users] about a 64-core CMP system

Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:04:03 -0500
From: Guoqiang Yang <nkyangguoqiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] about a 64-core CMP system
Hi there,

I tried to construct a CMP system with 64 cores, using the way that Bruno mentioned several days ago. But I finally ran into the following error:

Runtime Error at ../protocols/MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm:275, Ruby Time: 15: assert failure,

I checked the source code and found that it failed in L2Cache_addSharer.C, where it tries to make sure that "map_L1CacheMachId_to_L2Cache(param_addr, param_requestor)) == m_machineID". So, I guess there is something wrong with the L2 mapping or the address mapping for 64-core system.

Does anyone know sth. about this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Guoqiang Yang