[Gems-users] Random Tester

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:31:13 +0200
From: Marco Solinas <marco.solinas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Random Tester
Hi list,

when I use the "random tester" (GEMS 1.4) to debug my protocol, I see message interleaving even if the physical NoC architecture (FILE_SPECIFIED) wouldn't allow such kind of race. Reading the PowerPoint slides (isca_tutorial) available in the website, I can read that the tester "randomly inserts delay". My question is: where is this delay inserted? I was wandering that the strange phenomenon I can see while testing could be tiled to such delay (I mean: a random delay in the time a queued message is served might explain such situation). In the case I'm right, could you suggest me the point in the tester or ruby code I have to modify in order to avoid such situation?

Thanks a lot!
Marco