[Gems-users] g_NUM_PROCESSORS must be a power of 2

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:08:01 +0200
From: Ricardo Quislant del Barrio <quislant@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] g_NUM_PROCESSORS must be a power of 2
Hi, i'm trying to simulate a benchmark with 16 processors. The problem is that I need 17 cores to run it in Solaris: 16 cores, 1 per thread, and 1 core for the OS (psrset can't be used to bind a processor set to processor 0). So, I'm using Simics' Serengeti/abisko machine that allows only up to 24 cores but Ruby fails with a number of processors not power of 2.

¿How could I run a simulation with 16 processors in this context?

Thanks, Ricardo