Re: [Gems-users] GARNET TOOL

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:25:48 -0400
From: hb166307@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] GARNET TOOL
I think I can explain my problem a little better now.

In rubyconfig.defaults, I have:
g_endpoint_bandwidth: 10000
g_PROCS_PER_CHIP: 1
g_NUM_PROCESSORS: 1
g_NUM_L2_BANKS: 1
g_NUM_MEMORIES: 1
g_PRINT_TOPOLOGY: true
g_NETWORK_TOPOLOGY: FILE_SPECIFIED
g_CACHE_DESIGN : NUCA

I build the ruby module for MOESI_CMP_token and enter this directory

~/GEMS/simics/targets/MOESI_CMP_token$ ./simics -stall

simics> read-configuration Checkpoints/ftt-bench.check

[A python script runs these command which is in the same directory]

run_command('instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace')
run_command('istc-disable')
run_command('dstc-disable')
run_command('stc-status')
run_command('cpu-switch-time 1')
run_command('load-module ruby')
run_command('ruby0.init')
run_command('continue')

SIMICS OUTPUT

[cpu0 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using
instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache line size.
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
D-STC is currently *OFF*
I-STC is currently *OFF*
The switch time will change to 1 cycles (for CPU-0) once all processors have
synchronized.
successful installation of the ruby timing model.
Ruby Timing Mode
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
  Processors: 1

[This is a cout statement in Topoogy.C to see file name created]
Filename:
../../../ruby/network/simple/Network_Files/NUCA_Procs-1_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-1_Memories-1.txt

failed assertion 'atoi((string_split(varStr, ':')).c_str()) ==
g_endpoint_bandwidth' at fn void Topology::makeFileSpecified() in
network/simple/Topology.C:540
failed assertion 'atoi((string_split(varStr, ':')).c_str()) ==
g_endpoint_bandwidth' at fn void Topology::makeFileSpecified() in
network/simple/Topology.C:540
At this point you might want to attach a debug to the running and get to the
crash site; otherwise press enter to continue
PID: 8421

>From this error, I can not tell where g_endpoint_bandwith is coming from in
Topology.C, which might be why I am getting an assertion error, but I could be
wrong. There was NUCA_Procs-1_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-1_Memories-1.txt in the
Network_Files Folder that was allready in there and when I remove the line
corresponding to

bw_unit: ####

It no longer gives me the error. What effect is this going to have? Sorry for
not being clearer with my problem....