Re: [Gems-users] SIGSEGV with WATTCH on Opal init revisited

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 09:15:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: Luke Yen <lyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] SIGSEGV with WATTCH on Opal init revisited

Thanks for looking into this. I'll put in a bugfix in the near future.

   Luke

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Fred A Bower wrote:

I've done some further digging into my issue with a SIGSEGV getting thrown
on Opal init when WATTCH is enabled (
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2008-August/msg00027.shtml ).
I have tracked the problem down to
the fact that WATTCH calls out_intf_t::out_info() prior to the cycle
counter getting initialized.  This causes the segmentation fault when
out_intf_t::validDebug() gets called and system_t::inst->getGlobalCycle()
is invoked.  I hotwired this function to always return true and I now get
into simulation successfully.

I'm not sure if this indicates that I have something wrong in my mfacet.py
or some other portion of my environment, but it appears that this problem
would be hard to avoid without some code intervention.

Thanks,
fred
fredb@xxxxxxxxxxx