[Gems-users] SIGSEGV with WATTCH on Opal init revisited

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:17:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: Fred A Bower <fredb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] SIGSEGV with WATTCH on Opal init revisited
I've done some further digging into my issue with a SIGSEGV getting thrown on Opal init when WATTCH is enabled ( https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2008-August/msg00027.shtml ). I have tracked the problem down to the fact that WATTCH calls out_intf_t::out_info() prior to the cycle counter getting initialized. This causes the segmentation fault when out_intf_t::validDebug() gets called and system_t::inst->getGlobalCycle() is invoked. I hotwired this function to always return true and I now get into simulation successfully.

I'm not sure if this indicates that I have something wrong in my mfacet.py or some other portion of my environment, but it appears that this problem would be hard to avoid without some code intervention.

Thanks,
fred
fredb@xxxxxxxxxxx