[Gems-users] How to integrate other functional simulator to GEMS

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:23:02 -0400
From: Abhik Sarkar <asarkar@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to integrate other functional simulator to GEMS
Hi,

I am looking to use GEMS' memory model. I have been working on SESC
and would like to decouple GEMS from SIMICS, instead use SESC's
functional simulator to interface with RUBY memory model.

So, the question is how tightly coupled is RUBY with SIMICS. Also, has
anyone interfaced RUBY with some other functional simulator.

I need this because I probably do not want a full system simulator. I
have certain schedulers built in SESC functional simulator and to
transfer it to SIMICS would mean making changes to the kernel whose
effects I am not wanting to study.

Need Help

Thanks

-a