[Gems-users] How to add some parameters and functions in MOESI_CMP_directory .sm files?

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:24:17 +0800
From: "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to add some parameters and functions in MOESI_CMP_directory .sm files?
Hi all,

I am interested in MOESI_CMP_directory protocol and intend to do some modification. Suppose that a 2N-core system are splited into two sets: core_a[0...N-1] and core_b[N...2N-1].

(1)The .sm files need to be modified for the L1/L2 cache controller to identify the memory requests from different sets. Suppose new parameter bool core_a and setCore_a() and getCore_a() can be used to do the work of identification.

if (NodeID<=N) cores_a = true;
    else cores_a = false;

But how can I add the definition and declaration of the parameter and the corresponding methods in th L1.sm files?

(2)Assume core x in cores_a[] just communicates with core y in cores_b[] and the relationship between them can be implemented by setRelation()and getRelation().

So where should I define the functions?

(3)The above new parameter and functions <in (1),(2)> are all related to existing parameter NodeID, but it seems that I can't just add them in that structure. What can I do to implement them in the protocol?