[Gems-users] MOESI_SMP_directory number of directories

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 03:21:16 +0200
From: Stamatis Kavadias <kavadias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] MOESI_SMP_directory number of directories
Hi,

   I was wondering if it is possible to use MOESI_SMP_directory
protocol with fewer directory controllers than the number of
chips. The reason is that I am using the multi-chip configuration
to model large CMPs (>> 16 processors) and don't want to model
the same number of memory/directory controllers as processors.
I assume that I will have to re-define the mapping of addresses to
directory controllers - is that correct ? Anything else ?
   By the way, I am using MOESI_SMP_directory because I need a
private L2 cache which other protocols do not have.

Thanks...

Stamatis