Re: [Gems-users] Naked checkpoints creation on 64-bit machines

Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:01:51 +0800
From: Xiongfei Liao <xiongfei.liao@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Naked checkpoints creation on 64-bit machines
Hi, guys,

Thanks for your information, finally I got the naked_check_create.sh running. I managed to get an AMD machine and installed GCC 3.4.6 using root account in order to save modifying many configurations.

When the checkpoints creation process is going, the outputs on the console is like the following. There is an "xterm" windows which also displays some information. But one CPU of my machine is very busy.

Does this mean that the creation process is going well?

Regards,
Xiongfei

  +----------------+    Copyright 1998-2005 by Virtutech, All Rights Reserved
  |   Virtutech    |    Version: simics-2.2.19
  |     Simics     |    Compiled: Tue Aug 16 20:23:17 CEST 2005
  +----------------+
    www.simics.com      "Virtutech" and "Simics" are trademarks of Virtutech AB

Type 'copyright' for details on copyright.
Type 'license' for details on warranty, copying, etc.
Type 'readme' for further information about this version.
Type 'help help' for info on the on-line documentation.

Using CD-ROM image file: /home/liao0016/software_backup/opensolaris/sol-nv-b104-sparc-dvd-iso-a
setting media file-cd25B_2_6
CRAFF warning: File was not closed cleanly; may be corrupted
[...]
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x3
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xc
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xd
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xe
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xf
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x10
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x11
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x12
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x13
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x14
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x3
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x4
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x4
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x5
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x6
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x7
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x8
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x2
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x9
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xa
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xb
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xc
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xd
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x5
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xe
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xf
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x10
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x11
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x12
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x13
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x14
[qlc28B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x15
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x6
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x7
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x8
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0x9
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xa
[qlc24B_2 info] Disk registering: Loop id: 0xb
New VTOC written to disk:

             Label : SIMDISK cyl 10938 alt 2 hd 19 sec 80
               RPM : 7200
    Data cylinders : 10938
     Alt cylinders : 2
Physical cylinders : 10940
             Heads : 19
 Sectors per Track : 80

  Number of data blocks : 16625760

Partition Table:
Number   Tag             Flag                 Start        End       Size
  2      5 (backup)      1 (unmountable)          0   16625759   16625760

Capturing output to 'install-log.txt'
Image memory limited to 8 G
Start at : Sat Feb  7 11:51:21 2009
[system info] Disabling slave processors.