[Gems-users] Pseudo LRU Algorithm in GEMS

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:55:52 -0600
From: rntbdm rntbdm <rntbdm@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Pseudo LRU Algorithm in GEMS
Hi there,
I have a question about the Pseudo LRU Algorithm used in GEMS' cache replacement policy.

The code is in ruby/system/PseudoLRUPolicy.h file.  But I found the output result of this replacement policy is different from what I have learned from textbooks or papers about Pseudo LRU Algorithm.  So, I am wondering whether this GEMS Pseudo LRU Algorithm is the same one as the widely-use traditional Pseudo LRU Algorithm.
Please find the description of traditional Pseudo LRU in this URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-LRU

I read GEMS' code, PseudoLRUPolicy.h.  But the code is so abstract that I could not understand the algorithm inside this code.
So, would you please give me some ideas about the GEMS Pseudo LRU Algorithm?  Or, which paper described this Pseudo LRU Algorithm used in GEMS?

Best wishes and thanks in advance,
2/8/2009