[Gems-users] Does Garnet support SMP protocols with FILE_SPECIFIED topology?

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:55:52 +0900
From: Ikhwan Lee <ilee1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Does Garnet support SMP protocols with FILE_SPECIFIED topology?
Dear all,

I'm trying to mimic a CMP system with private L2 $ by using the MOESI_SMP_directory protocol. I have enabled Garnet fixed pipeline and used FILE_SPECIFIED topology to model a 2D mesh structure. I have set L2banks to be the same number as the number of processors (16 in my case) although I'm not sure if that is what it should be. Setting it to a different number led to ruby initialization error at RubyConfig::numberOfL2Cache().

When I run simulation with the above setting, I get ruby initialization error as follows:

Creating system...
  Processors: 16
failed assertion 'id < m_nodes' at fn void GarnetNetwork_d::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool, int) in network/garnet-fixed-pipeline/GarnetNetwork_d.C:234
failed assertion 'id < m_nodes' at fn void GarnetNetwork_d::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool, int) in network/garnet-fixed-pipeline/GarnetNetwork_d.C:234

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks