Re: [Gems-users] Question about MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:19:48 -0500
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Question about MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory
I guess both the protocols allow hits under misses and misses under misses. I am not sure about the "blocking" definition here.

Can someone throw more light?

Cheers,
Niket

On Jan 16, 2009, at 1:40 PM, Abhishek Bhattacharjee wrote:

Hi all --

Looking at the GEMS page on the particular protocols that may be used, MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory and MOESI_CMP_directory are listed with the primary differences being L1/L2 inclusion. However, I wanted to find out if MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory is a blocking protocol...

Thanks!
Abhishek