[Gems-users] Ruby crashed strangely

Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:46:22 -0500
From: Xuehai Qian <xuehaiq@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby crashed strangely
Hi,
   I got a very strange problem on Ruby.
I specified my own protocol, and a particular transition has executed many many times, but at a point in the execution, it was indicated that the head of the queue "isReady()" failed. From my experience, it is because when I use the message from a particular queue, I specified the wrong queue. It happened in the beginning stage of my debug, but I believe, after it is fixed one time, it should be fine in the future. Actually, I run my program on my simulator for a long time, and that transition is also executed for thousands of times. I really don't understand why suddenly the program crashed! I also got similar problems, my processor DEADLOCKed because of a message is never sent from Directory to a private cache, it appears that it is *missing* in the network. Similarly, the transaction has been executed many many times, and I don't even know how to pinpoint the problem. Did anyone encountered the same problem? I used Ruby in VMware, do you think it is because of insufficient memory allocation?

Xuehai