[Gems-users] about the Garnet NoC

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:17:26 -0700
From: Xiaohang Wang <baikeina@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] about the Garnet NoC
Hi everyone:
I am a new user to GEMS.
I wanna run some benchmarks on a NoC connected SMP. I have some questions about the Garnet NoC:
1. can I use MOSI_SMP_bcast if I wanna use Garnet NoC?
2. if I specify num_cpu = 4, does it means that it is a 4-node Network with each node a single processor? or the number of network is yet to be decided but each node is a 4-core processor? Use the files in GEMS/ruby/network/simple/ ?
3. which benchmarks can be run on a NoC based NoC? As I know, an NoC based system can be a distributed system and applications are possibly required partition and mapping. And, each node can have a seperate OS. So using Garnet in GEMS, is there still just one OS (instead of each node has a seperate OS)?
Also, is there any more detailed doc about how to use Garnet NoC?
Thanks a lot
Xiaohang