Re: [Gems-users] Adding L3, L4 (or beyond) to the system

Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:34:01 -0400
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Adding L3, L4 (or beyond) to the system
You'll have to implement these using SLICC. It's not trivial, as you say, but it shouldn't be too hard to do what you're suggesting. There are plenty of examples to start from.

...Greg

HyoukJoong Lee wrote:
Hi.
I'm trying to build a multi-core, multi-chip system that has 4~5 levels of caches.
It seems that adding more cache layers beyond the L2
with cache coherence protocols between them is not trivial in Ruby.
How could I easily add more cache layers with Ruby?
Has anyone already done some work on this?
Thanks. HyoukJoong.