[Gems-users] compiling Ruby without Simics (using standalone Ruby)

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:09:10 -0700
From: HyoukJoong Lee <hyouklee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] compiling Ruby without Simics (using standalone Ruby)
Hi.

I do not have Simics and I only need to run Ruby without simics.
The input to the Ruby will be memory traces from a special driver similar to the tester.

But the problem is that I cannot compile the Ruby without simics
because it seems that the Ruby compilation process is tightly coupled with the simics files.

I removed simics-version related lines from Makefiles.
However, during the compilation process,
simics/api.h and global.h files are required and those files seem to be from the simics. Right?

Slicc is compiled successfully and the MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol files are successfully generated from the slicc.
But the next compilation process (make $(BIN_DIR)/tester.exec) makes errors mentioning those header files.

How could I compile the ruby for the standalone mode without simics?
Is there a way to fake those errors?
Has anyone done this work already?

Thanks.

HyoukJoong.