[Gems-users] Flit monitoring in garnet.

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:00:17 +0530
From: Basavaraj Talwar <bt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Flit monitoring in garnet.
Dear All,

I am using garnet-flexible-pipeline in my simulations on ruby. I have
added monitor code (simple cout statements) to monitor messages
between nodes and routers and between routers. All i am able to figure
out is to print flit->m_msg_ptr. This prints the whole message. I have
added such code in Router.C and NetworkInterface.C in
garnet-flexible-pipeline directory.
I need to monitor bits (of a 32 bit flit, for eg.) in the links and
not the whole message. I am not able to figure out how. Is there a
coding scheme that's used to convert the message into flits in
ruby/garnet?

Kindly advise.

Basavaraj T,
IISc,