[Gems-users] memory accesses

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:28:39 -0400
From: Shakeel Butt <shakeel.butt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] memory accesses
Hi,

I am having problem with simics memory accesses during transactional
workload. The physical address generated by simics are larger than the
actual memory presented in the system. In "SimicsDriver::makeRequest"
all the such accesses are ignored by ruby. So, the memory accesses
during transactions are ignored. I am running 8 cpu system with
(256*8) MB of RAM but the physical addresses generated are like 40
bits. I have checked the logical address and that address is correct
(same as in program). Am I missing something?

One more thing has anyone tried Tourmaline on simics 3.0 or tried to
migrate it to simics 3.0?

Shakeel