Re: [Gems-users] Inclusive L2 cache

Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:38:08 -0400
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Inclusive L2 cache
Unless things have changed, the combined L1/L2 controller use exclusive caches, not inclusive.

...Greg

Derek Hower wrote:
Inclusivity/exclusivity is a coherence-level issue. Thus, it is determined solely by the behavior of the SLICC generated protocol. To the best of my knowledge, all released protocols in GEMS are inclusive.

-Derek