Re: [Gems-users] load module ruby error

Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:44:00 -0400
From: Abdullah Kayi <apokayi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] load module ruby error
You have to remove the ruby0 part from the checkpoint. Open the
abisko-2p.conf with your favorite editor, search for ruby0 and remove the
RUBY related part, save and then try to load the checkpoint again.

Abdullah

On 5/14/09 8:20 AM, "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all:
I have got a problem when I tried to load module ruby.
Firstly I run,
> wrote a 2-processor checkpoint and then read  the
configuration file like
> this:(GEMS2.1 + simics 3.0.31)

(1)I run abisko-multi.simics and it triggered
> two xterm
(2)When the xterm console "#"appeared,I press ctrl+c to back to
> simics
and pressed command "write-configuration abisko-2p.conf"
(3)quit simics
shuchang@localhost:~/gems/simics/home/MOESI_CMP_token$ ./simics
> -stall
-c ../../../simics-3.0.31/bin/CHECKPOINT/abisko-2p.conf

after that,I
> configure the simics and tried to load ruby when the error
occurred:
simics>
> instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
[a1_cpu0 info] Note that on
> this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is
implemented using
> instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
[a2_cpu0 info]
> Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is
implemented using
> instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
simics>
> istc-disable
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
simics> dstc-disable

Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
simics> cpu-switch-time 1
The switch
> time will change to 1 cycles (for CPU-0) once all processors
have
> synchronized.
simics> load-module ruby

> /***************************************************************************\

> > Physical Memory object cannot be found. If you are NOT compiling Ruby
and <

<
<

\*****************************************************************
> **********/

However, when I tried to load my first_step.conf OS checkpoint
> and load
module ruby,no error occurred.The first_step.conf OS checkpoint
> was
written from abisko-common.simics by almost the same method...

sorry for
> such a long mail...
Can anyone help me and tell me how to create a checkpoint
> to build some
workloads¹ multiprocessor checkpoints(such as