Re: [Gems-users] Error loading opal

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:16:32 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error loading opal
The stats from Simics+Ruby configurations relect those that you would see with in-order SC cores that have a CPI of 1 except for memory accesses.

Regards,
Dan

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Luo, Yan <Yan_Luo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Polina

I found the previously posted solution to this problem (exactly the same). The link is https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2009-March/msg00116.shtml . Then I followed the steps and recompiled opal. However, the result is even worse: simics seg fault (logs are below).

Question: Can I use Ruby without Opal, if my focus is the cache/memory instead of OOO execution of processor? I just want to make sure that Ruby's stats are still valid without Opal.

Thanks
Yan

== log from simics ==
simics> instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
[cpu0 info] Note that on this cpu, instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache line size.
simics> istc-disable
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
simics> dstc-disable
Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
simics> cpu-switch-time 1
The switch time will change to 1 cycles (for CPU-0) once all processors have synchronized.
simics> load-module ruby
successful installation of the ruby timing model.
simics> load-module opal
Queue registration cpu0
successful installation of the opal queue.
hfa_init_local done:
simics> c
Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) in main thread
The simulation state has been corrupted. Simulation cannot continue.
Please restart Simics.
[cpu0] v:0x00000000f00000c0 p:0x0003f8000c0  ba 0xf000c428
simics> Command 'con0.wait-for-string' interrupted.