[Gems-users] Strange behavior (BARRIER_CYCLE = 0) collected of vacation on LogTM-SE

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:06:53 +0800
From: ruzhu kao <kaoruzhu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Strange behavior (BARRIER_CYCLE = 0) collected of vacation on LogTM-SE
Hi all:
     Recently I have modified STAMP-9.10 to make them run on LogTM-SE
(Simics 2.2.19 + GEMS 2.1). I test these binaries and collect some
stats file, all of them show me reasonable profile files except
vacation that its BARRIER_BREAKDOWN_CYCLE is zero which indicates
there must some mistakes on my modifications. However I use the same
lib to compile these applications and the execute them on the same
environment. I check the workload setup, and I believe I have obeyed
the rules on WISC' wiki. This problem drives me crazy. Have you ever
met this problem? If so, how to solve this problem.
   Another question is about cache warming up, I have test bayes
running on my checkpoint without cache warming up, it can generate
stats file so I assume both the magic breakpoints are set correctly.
Then I make a warm up checkpoint, when I run the same bayes, it can
load ruby but without out stats file even after it printed the output
message after the second magic breakpoint. Loading ruby which seems
the first magic breakpoint is ok, why the second magic breakpoint miss
its effecting.

  I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours:
Ruzhu