Re: [Gems-users] Strange behavior (BARRIER_CYCLE = 0) collected of vacation on LogTM-SE

Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:42:41 +0800
From: ruzhu kao <kaoruzhu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Strange behavior (BARRIER_CYCLE = 0) collected of vacation on LogTM-SE
Hi Polina:
  Thanks for your reply.
  I use "-c 16" to set the number of clients to 16 and it should make
vacation run in multi-threaded, is it right? About the path barrier
appearing, I 'll check it, but in the same programming pattern (the
same order to setup logtm states, register and creating thread), could
it only make vacation miss the barrier cycle?
  I have test btree on my testbed, its barrier_cycle is 0. Its
Non_Tran_cycle, Tran_cycle, Committing_cycle, Aborting_cycle,
Backoff_cycle and Stall_cycle show their number of cycle normally.
However, I have test some applications like cholesky , barnes  and
other applications in stamp, them do count the barrier_cycle.
  Do you have any comments on this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours:
Ruzhu