Re: [Gems-users] about L1D_cache cache stats

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:38:39 +0800
From: "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] about L1D_cache cache stats
Thanks for your quick reply, Dan.
I have checked instruction-fetch-mode command and simics shows not "instruction-fetch-trace" but "instruction-cache-access-trace". According to simics reference manual, the two fetch modes are the same because the cache line size is just equal to the size of instruction in SPARC-v9.

So why isn't there any inst request?
I also used MSI_MOSI_directory protocol to run the benchmark and I found all statistical results related to GET_INSTR are zero.

Regards
shuchang