Re: [Gems-users] How to know address space id (ASI) at opal ?

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:42:34 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to know address space id (ASI) at opal ?
I don't know how to get ASI's when running with Opal, but you should be aware that ASIs are NOT linked to individual processes -- SPARC's ASIs serve a completely different purpose. E.g., nearly all user-space accesses are ASI 0x80 (i.e., all processes will use ASI 0x80). Other ASIs are used to access memory differently, e.g., the trap handlers can use ASI_AS_IF_USER_PRIMARY to touch memory in the process that trapped, and there are ASIs to reverse endianness, etc.

FYI.

Regards,
Dan