Re: [Gems-users] Number of instruction executed in GEMS for CMPs

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:06:38 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Number of instruction executed in GEMS for CMPs
Check to see how many instructions each processor executes. I wonder if perhaps c X runs, e.g., Proc0 for X instructions?

Also try cc instead of c -- I forget which one means 'instructions' and which one means 'Simics cycles'.

In general, we don't use 'c X' directly to control the simulation. Instead, we insert magic breakpoints to stop simulation when the correct amount of work has been done. That helps us to get rid of artifacts from spin locks, etc., as well.

Regards,
Dan