Re: [Gems-users] Compiling GEMS (Ruby) without Simics

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 22:02:53 -0500
From: "Jakub S." <szefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Compiling GEMS (Ruby) without Simics
Hi Yu-Wen,

> But there are many files get involved in "simics/api.h".
> Also, other files may include these files, and then things become more
> complex.
> I cannot resolve those dependencies appropriately.
> Would you give us some more tips/instructions, please?
When I compiled GEMS, I did have access to the api.h file and the Simics
sources.

I modified $GEMS/common/Makefile.common to add path to Simics
installation.  Also, I copied api.h from Simics installation directory
to $GEMS/ruby/simics/api.h.

I guess this is not exactly compiling GEMS without Simics, but helps
avoid having to resolve the dependencies.

Let us know if you find a way to do it without Simics sources,
~ Jakub