[Gems-users] =?x-gbk?q?Re=3A_=5BGems-users=5D_how_to_inject_error_?==?x-gbk?q?when_i_do_fault_recovery_research=A3=BF?=

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:28:58 -0500
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] =?x-gbk?q?Re=3A_=5BGems-users=5D_how_to_inject_error_?==?x-gbk?q?when_i_do_fault_recovery_research=A3=BF?=
This question is way too broad. What kind of errors to you want to model?
The quick answer is that you can go into the behavioral models of the components that you want to generate errors for, and use some error model to periodically make something fail.

Since GEMS does not (by default) include data in its messages, you'll probably have to model memory errors at the Simics level.

As far as I know, there's no built-in way to inject errors into GEMS simulation.  You'll have to roll your own.

...Greg

VLIW wrote:
Anyone can tell me the detail method on error injection into GEMS simualtor?? ------------------
Fu GuiTao