[Gems-users] Running Multiprogram workloads

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:14:19 -0500
From: niranjan soundararajan <niranjan83@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Running Multiprogram workloads
Hello,

Is is possible to run multiprogram workloads (say 2 apps) with 1 app pinned to 4 cores and another app pinned to 4 other cores
on pseudo-8 cores (since all cores cannot be bound, I use a 9 core machine)?

I am trying to use psrset and creating 2 process groups, one for each app but the simulation crashes when opal is reached. It runs fine when the 2 apps are allowed to use all cores.

Another question is related to ruby. Since its actually a 9-core machine, ruby requires a multiple of 8 and is it ok to pass 8 to g_NUM_PROCESSORS and g_PROCS_PER_CHIP. Does anyone know how to address this issue as well?

Thank you,
Niranjan