[Gems-users] wrong to pass slicc parameter to ruby

Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:08:31 +0800 (CST)
From: "ShuChang Shan" <shuchang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] wrong to pass slicc parameter to ruby
Hi all:

It is said that we cannot write functions that includes loop codes within SLICC. So I wonder whether I could write the function within RUBY module and call the function in SLICC. In MOESI_CMP_directory protocol, considering the CacheMemory Entry, the detail structure of the ENTRY is defined in SLICC. Now if I add a new item(something like bool time_scale) for the Entry, which is modified here and there in SLICC. Could RUBY get the Real-time "time_scale" value in corresponding function in CacheMemory.h?

I have done some similar work but I found that the value called by the RUBY module was always the default value rather than the "real-time" value. So I want to know how to fix it.

Any help will be appreciated!
yihui