[Gems-users] Why simulation results differ even if both systems have same timing parameters?

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:05:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Muhammad abid Mughal <mabidm_pieas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Why simulation results differ even if both systems have same timing parameters?

hi ,
        Hope you guys doing good.I see different results for 2 simulations even when both systems have same timing parameters. In one simulation i used "SIMICS_RUBY_MULTIPLIER=1". In another simulation i used  "SIMICS_RUBY_MULTIPLIER=2" and halves the latencies so that both systems have same timing parameters.
I am wondering just how Simics advances the Ruby time has an effect on simulation.

Both systems must have same results because they have same timing parameters  , no matter how simics advances ruby time.

Any suggestions or comments?

Regards,
Muhammad abid