Re: [Gems-users] MOESI state transitions

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:00:51 +0800
From: "Huang He" <huangh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] MOESI state transitions
If the directory infomation of replaced L2 line is stored in memory, it is OK.

Otherwise, say the directory isn't stored in memory, if the replaced line is refilled into L2 again,
another caching agent may acquire exclusive state without snooping the previous owner. This
violates cache coherence.

Huang He
Processor Architect