[Gems-users] idle processors have high instruction & cycle count

Date: 9 Jun 2010 18:50:50 -0000
From: "lopamudra chatterjee" <lopamudralopa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] idle processors have high instruction & cycle count
Hi,

I am running 3 processes & binding them to some processors. The other processors are left idle. Therefore when I see the stats I should see less instruction & less cycles executed for the idle processors, right? But I see that both the idle & non idle processors nearly have the same values. The supervisor mode access percentage is also small so can't say that it is running OS processes.
Does anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Thanks & Regards,
Lopamudra