[Gems-users] Running benchmarks only with opal

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:16:14 +0800
From: mihai pricopi <mihai.pricopi@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Running benchmarks only with opal
Hi,

  I am interested in only to see the processor performances. What happens if I run only loading opal and not ruby ? All the requests to memory have only 1 clock cycle delay ?
  And another question. I saw that opal has a parameter set by default:

CONFIG_FETCH_THREADS_PER_CYCLE: 2

  Is this affecting the execution in anyway when I`m not using SMT processor ? I only bind and run one thread per processor.

Thank you