[Gems-users] Instruction Duplication in GEMS

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:15:17 -0400
From: Ravindhiran Mukundrajan <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Instruction Duplication in GEMS
Hi,

Has anyone tried to do Instruction Duplication in GEMS??

I have tried to do Instruction Duplication (ID) by inserting the instruction into 2 slots in iwindow.C and but decode and execute from only one of the iwindow slots. During retire instruction function call, i free both the slots. I have even tried filling the 2nd slot with a NULL pointer. In both cases i am getting segmentation faults. Regarding the functional units, i choke 2 units for executing one instruction while doing ID.

Would be great if someone who has implemented ID share his/her experiences.

Hoping for your helpful comments,

--
Ravi