[Gems-users] Adding interactions with Simics/GEMS

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:05:43 +0800
From: "张轶" <zhangyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Adding interactions with Simics/GEMS
Hi,

I have some questions about adding new fucntions in the Simics/GEMS platform and I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me.

I would like to implement such a function in CMPs that cpus could pass threads' priorities to the memory controller in order to adjust the memory access scheduling.
I am using Simics 3.0.3 and GEMS 2.1.1 as my platform. The arch I am using is X86 and OS is Linux 2.6.20

In the concrete chips, I think this function could be achieved by adding a new controll register on the memory controller. But I am not sure how could i do the similar things in Simics/GEMS.

On Simics side, I guess I could use 'hap' to pass the thread information down to simics environment. If this step is right, then how could I further transfer this information forward to Ruby?

Many thanks