Re: [Gems-users] Problem running a workload

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:59:30 +0430
From: Mahmood Naderan <mahmood.nt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Problem running a workload
I did that and then some lines inserted in the file. Then I made
another checkpoint but every time I load from the new checkpoint, I
saw a message that is:
 /***************************************************************************\
 > Physical Memory object cannot be found. If you are NOT compiling Ruby and <
 > you see this message, something is wrong.                                 <
 > This message is part of the normal compilation process.                   <
 \***************************************************************************/

I don't know what is he saying. Either it is "normal" or "wrong"?

I have to say, running a workload is a very complicated task for
beginners, with lots of .py file that I don't understand what are the
steps to run them in order.

Before reading that mailing list thread, I did what is stated in the
"Configure Simics for Ruby/Opal" section of the Ubuntu PDF guide.
There are some commands that shows the order of laoding the Ruby and
Opal. One more question is, by running the command "opal0.sim-step
1000000" which workload is actually running because in the prior steps
no workload is selected!