[Gems-users] Compiling GEMS (Ruby) without Simics

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:18:59 -0500
From: "Jakub S." <szefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Compiling GEMS (Ruby) without Simics
Hi,

I would like to compile GEMS without having a Simics installation; I'm
interested in the memory tester (and modifying the memory tester or
using a different program to supply memory instructions to Ruby) so I
didn't think there was a need for Simics.  Searching the web gave me
some tips, but I could not find concrete instructions.  Perhaps someone
has already done it and can could share some more tips about getting
GEMS (Ruby) to compile without out Simics.

I'll look through the Makefiles to try to fix them as there seem to be a
number of dependencies on Simics's files, but any suggestions will be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
~ Jakub