Re: [Gems-users] Compiling GEMS (Ruby) without Simics

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:14:26 +0800
From: kaoruzhu <kaoruzhu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Compiling GEMS (Ruby) without Simics
AFAIK, several people in WISC's group are trying to port ruby to M5. However, the work is not completely finished, you can try M5 to find more clues.
Hi,

I would like to compile GEMS without having a Simics installation; I'm
interested in the memory tester (and modifying the memory tester or
using a different program to supply memory instructions to Ruby) so I
didn't think there was a need for Simics.  Searching the web gave me
some tips, but I could not find concrete instructions.  Perhaps someone
has already done it and can could share some more tips about getting
GEMS (Ruby) to compile without out Simics.

I'll look through the Makefiles to try to fix them as there seem to be a
number of dependencies on Simics's files, but any suggestions will be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
~ Jakub