[Gems-users] Register Tokens

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:41:25 +0530
From: JITHIN THOMAS <jithinpt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Register Tokens
Hi all

I would like to simulate different NUCA architectures (such as DNUCA) for a comparative study purpose. Hence, I have been using the MOESI_CMP_NUCA protocol that was available in gems-1.4. However, I am not able to understand the purpose of some 'Register' events defined in the L2 Cache controller such as Register_with_Tokens, Register_wo_Tokens, etc. What is the purpose of L1 caches registering their blocks with the L2? What happens if such register events are removed? Will it affect the functioning of the protocol?

Thanx a lot