[Gems-users] SytheticDriver for Ruby

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:39:38 -0500
From: Edward Lee <edwl202@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] SytheticDriver for Ruby
Hi,

I would like to run Ruby without Simics by driving memory via
microbenchmarks as presented in ISCA tutorial slides. If I try to do
that via tester functionality in GEMS using the below parameters, it
just hangs and doesn't produce any results.

g_SIMICS: false
DATA_BLOCK: false
RANDOMIZATION: false
g_SYNTHETIC_DRIVER: true
g_DETERMINISTIC_DRIVER: false
g_DEADLOCK_THRESHOLD: 500000
g_SpecifiedGenerator: DetermGETXGenerator

Does anyone try to use the Syntheric driver? Any ideas on how to get
this working? Also in general other than the random tester and trace
files, how I can drive Ruby via a microbenchmark similar to lock
contention example?

Thanks,

Ed