[Gems-users] Virtual of Physical address

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:17:13 +0430
From: Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh <khaleghzadeh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Virtual of Physical address
Hi

I have a question about virtual and physical address in Simics and GEMS. I want to find shared address between two threads. Therefore, I have executed my two threads app. and logged all memory addresses (physical and virtual address) that accessed by the considered threads. Then, number of shared variable is obtained by physical and virtual addresses, separately. I found that number of shared variable by virtual addresses is different with physical addresses one. Could you tell me which of them is true?
I think finding the shared address must be done by virtual addresses.