Re: [Gems-users] Can gem5 enable ruby in full system mode?

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 03:37:05 -0500 (CDT)
From: Nilay Vaish <nilay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Can gem5 enable ruby in full system mode?
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, huangyongbing wrote:

Hello,

I have a doubt about whether gem5 enables ruby in full system mode perfectly. Because there are no such examples in directory "build_opts".

If enabled, what I need to do is just setting the FULL_SYSTEM, RUBY and PROTOCOL parameters in files under directory "build_opts." Am I right?

Thanks for advance.

-Yongbing Huang

I think the following lines if written to ALPHA_FS_MESI_CMP_directory, then you should be able to build ALPHA_FS with MESI protocol.

TARGET_ISA = 'alpha'
FULL_SYSTEM = 1
CPU_MODELS = 'AtomicSimpleCPU,TimingSimpleCPU'
PROTOCOL = 'MESI_CMP_directory'
RUBY = True
SS_COMPATIBLE_FP = 1

--